Wikipedia

Search results

Christian Light Mission

http://www.christianlightmissions.com
CLM is under the authority of Wordpress

http://www.wordpress.org

Popular Posts

THE PRAYER ROOM

Search: View Cart Languages: 코모임 · Español · Deaf Home Pray Go Give Lead Lottie Moon Resources Updates Contact us -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Prayer School of Prayer for All Nations Today's Prayer PrayerLine Weekly Prayer Highlights KOMpray (children) Prayer requests Search requests by PRAYERthreads International Week of Prayer Prayer products E-mail subscriptions “It is unthinkable that we would send thousands of people overseas without covering them with a blast furnace of prayer.” – Tom Elliff, IMB president IMB invites you to be a burning ember in the blast furnace of prayer emanating from our International Learning Center, Rockville, VA. Join other intercessors and participate in an experiential school of prayer, which will inspire and equip you: To walk closer with God To pray more fervently for spiritual awakening To intercede more effectively for missionaries and the nations To mobilize others to join you in prayer Faculty Gordon Fort, senior vice president for prayer mobilization and training Randy Rains, associate vice president for spiritual life and formation Eddie Cox, director for the Office of Global Prayer Strategy Eleanor Witcher, associate director Office of Global Prayer Strategy 2013 Dates October 28 – November 1 December 2 – 6 2014 Dates January 27 – 31 July 28 – Aug 1 February 24 – 28 August 18 – 22 March 24 – 28 September 29 – Oct 3 April 21 – 25 October 27 – 31 May 19 – 23 November 17 – 21 June 23 – 27 For additional information, future dates, virtual tour, and daily schedule. Online registration: http://www.regonline.com/SPAN Contact: SPAN@imb.org Spotlight Promotional Slideshow Resources CNet and SPAN promo slideshow CompassionNet App Facebook CompassionNet Missionary Blog Digest Twitter imbprayerdir Loving the Lost prayer guide in English, Spanish and Korean Prayerwalking downloadables -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Syndicate this site Home Pray Go Give Lead Lottie Moon Resources Updates Contact us See our Privacy Policy Copyright © 2006 - 2013 International Mission Board. All Rights Reserved. A Southern Baptist Convention entity supported by the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Lottie Moon Christmas Offering® is a registered trademark of Woman’s Missionary Union.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

florida culture



Q&A With Carley Knobloch

Carley Knobloch Shares New Age Communications Skills on 'Socially Connected'

By Ben Myers, Contributor
X
Ben Myers
Ben Myers has been writing professionally since 2006. His work has appeared in metropolitan, community and business publications in Oregon, Chicago and New Orleans. Myers has earned numerous awards from the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association, Chicago Headline Club and Louisiana Press Association. He holds an M.S. in journalism from the University of Oregon.
Carley Knobloch, resident expert on eHow Tech(photo: eHow.com)
I really have always been that girl that people come to, not only for solutions in their technical life, but also their personal life.
— Carley Knobloch
Carley Knobloch grew up in Toronto, where, as a high school student in the early 1990s, she naturally gravitated to new publishing software such as QuarkXPress and coding techniques. She wasn’t a typical gadget-obsessed technology geek -- it was just one of many things she did.
Knobloch's broad range of skills and inclinations have always centered on people and communication. So it seems only fitting that she is the founder and CEO of Digitwirl, a website that produces weekly videos to help women integrate technology into their lives. Knobloch is broadening her message on eHow Tech, with a focus on the personal and professional benefits of social media.
In the late 1990s, Knobloch moved to Los Angeles, where she got married and worked as a graphic designer for film and television production companies. Then came the kids -- son Spencer, who is now 10, and daughter Annie, who is 7 -- and Knobloch’s career took a different course.

How Did You Become an Entrepreneur?

I came to it gradually. ... I was working for big corporations, and at some point, I went out on my own and became a freelance designer and creative consultant. Then I went and had a couple babies and reinvented myself as a life coach. I was working with women nationally and locally on managing their lives, how to be great moms and also stay true to what’s important to you. It all just snowballed. I started a blog, and it became a newsletter. That all gave birth to Digitwirl (in December 2010) … suddenly I was a Web TV producer and running a larger venture. My dad is a serial entrepreneur. I guess just by osmosis I picked up the fun and the risk and the demeanor you have to have to endure the highs and lows of entrepreneurship. I saw that women like me would really benefit from having this information presented in this way, so I just jumped in and got started.

Have You Noticed That People Want to Hear What You Have to Say?

Yeah. I really have always been that girl that people come to, not only for solutions in their technical life, but also their personal life. So life coaching seemed very natural to me.
When I became a life coach, I chose this specialty to work with moms … and a lot of women were coming to me for entrepreneurial advice. I kept saying 'I’m not a business coach, I’m not a business coach.' … There were plenty of ebusiness coaches I knew personally that were in the marketplace and I kept referring people to them.
But I realized that certain people want to hear it from you. That what you’re doing resonates with them. Of course you need to not falsely advertise yourself and your skill set, but I realized personally that I didn’t need to be referring people out. I had a lot to say and a lot to offer in that arena, and people wanted to hear it from me.
But I really did have this hang-up about, ‘Well I’m not a business person and I don’t have enough to really help people in the business arena, I’m just going to stick with what I’ve been trained to do.’ … It really was the first time where I was like I have a lot of things to say in this arena, people want to hear it from me, I shouldn’t shy from offering my help and services just because I didn’t go to school for it. I think a lot of people have that hang-up -- ‘Well, I’m not trained, there is someone better qualified so I’m not going to volunteer my services.’

What's the Outline of 'Socially Connected'?

It’s essentially for people who are interested in understanding the online world, especially social media … people who want to build a brand and online social bond, both personal and professional. Everything from [the] broad strokes of building your online presence and how to connect on different platforms and all the way down to the granular. Why you would want to start a food blog if you’re passionate about cooking, and how to get an audience to it. How to synch up your Twitter feed to your blogosphere. Just starting with basic building blocks and connecting it all together.

What Role Does Social Media Play in Your Professional and Personal Lives?

Professionally, it’s a great way for me to build an audience of like-minded people. … Twitter is the megaphone where you can broadcast quick thoughts and quick information. It’s a great way to drive traffic to our website. Facebook is really where we engage more with our community. People can ask us questions, and we can ask them questions and really start a dialogue. LinkedIn is really just my resume on steroids.
Personally, it’s been great for me. I’ve built a lot of friendships with women I’ve never met who have helped me, and I’ve been able to help them. … I do have a lot of people who follow me on Twitter and Facebook, and they feel like they are keeping in touch. Just like we all do on Facebook -- we’re not really in touch, but we are keeping tabs.

Do the Personal and Professional Online Lives Ever Merge?

My personal and professional lives are very blurred. My kids are in my show, and they are watching me publish my blog and edit video, and we are talking constantly about the tools I am using. I seek various organizations, and I communicate with those people online and I’ve often seen them offline. The whole concept of my show [Digitwirl] is how I manage my own family and work lives with the technology I am sourcing and sharing with my audience.

What's the Common Thread Between Your Interests and Abilities?

My passion, I think, really is to educate. I’ve always been an educator, just naturally. … I speak at women’s entrepreneurial groups on everything from Internet videos to list building and email marketing. Pretty much anything anyone asks me to speak about. I just really enjoy sharing what I know, whether it’s with a girlfriend or in a national newsletter or syndicated Web series. I also just love technology. People might wrongfully think I’m super organized and totally together. I need all of these resources just as much as anyone in my audience. I’m just a hopeless mess most of the time when it comes to keeping my life in order. This is a 100 percent organic pursuit of resources that can help me, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to share them when I find them.
Sponsored Links
  • Photo Credit eHow.com

Comments

Featured

Geek Vs Geek: Should You Be Worried (Or Furious) About NSA Spying?
View Blog Post
A Week with Google Glass
View Blog Post
Geek Vs Geek Live! Debating the Chromebook, 3D Printers, and More
Watch Video
Others Also Viewed


© 1999-2013 Demand Media, Inc.
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the eHow Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Report Copyright. Ad Choices en-US
Technology Electronics
Verisign seal
 
 
 
 
 
 
August 28, 2013
 

About Florida

The Museum of Florida History is pleased to recommend web sites and books that introduce youth and adults to the Sunshine State. Many of these resources are ideal for students who are preparing a Florida report. To plan a Florida vacation, contact the state tourism agency at www.visitflorida.com.
  1. For information about Florida history, culture, facts, and symbols (i.e., the state tree, bird, etc.), look at these web pages of the Division of Historical Resources.
  2. The Florida Memory Project created by the Florida State Archives includes historic photographs, documents, lesson plans, and a timeline of Florida history.
  3. Exploring Florida, created by the Florida Center for Information Technology at the University of South Florida, features thousands of primary sources including documents, maps, photos, and other media.
  4. Information about Florida's political system and political history can be found through the home pages of the Office of the Governor and the State Legislature.
  5. The Florida State Library's Florida Government Information Locator, with links to state agencies, offers access to information about natural resources, industries, population, and other topics.
  6. The federal government has posted population statistics, based on the 2000 federal census.
  7. From north to south, Florida's weather can be varied and variable.
  8. The Florida Association of Museums web site provides an overview of popular tourist activities.
  9. From the silver screen to the sports field, famous Floridians are part of Florida's past and present.
  10. Several web sites provide "fast Florida facts" — details such as size, geographic features, and other details. Be aware that the information sometimes varies from site to site and may not be up to date.
  11. Tallahassee, Florida's capital since 1824, offers residents and visitors an array of attractions, amenities, and pastimes.
  12. Florida's History Shop offers an array of Florida-related books, mementos, post cards, gifts, and other items that are suitable for people of all ages.
  13. Three books that provide a lot of material about Florida can be found at a library or borrowed through interlibrary loan. The Florida Handbook, which includes short essays about virtually every aspect of Florida government, commerce, natural resources, history, and demographics, is updated and reprinted every two years. In general, only the statistics change from edition to edition; the essays remain the same. The Florida Atlas is equally informative, but its details are shared in the form of maps. Florida: A Short History is a concise and readable overview of Florida's distant and recent past.
    • Morris, Allen, and Joan Morris. The Florida Handbook. Tallahassee: Peninsular Press, biennial.
    • Fernald, Edward. The Florida Atlas. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1992.
    • Gannon, Michael. Florida: A Short History. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1993.
Happy exploring!

No comments: